Collection of Plans (17th–20th century)
The core of the section is formed by plans and blueprints selected from various record units of the Archives. Plans gained by purchase, donation or transfer from various other institutions are also held here.
Plans of greater size had already been selected from the material of certain government agencies (e.g. the Locotenential Council, the Hungarian Chamber) by themselves. Section 'T' has two major fonds: 'Plans selected from the archives of government agencies' and 'Plans selected from family fonds'. The plans of each government agency and family archives have an independent reference number.
The idea of establishing an architectural history collection between 1925 and 1930 eventually was not realized, although a greater number of plans have been taken over by the archives through purchase and donation, for instance the plans of Miklós Ybl.
The Collection of Plans contains mainly manuscript plans in Latin and German from the 18-19th centuries. These plans show various buildings (such as palaces, fortresses, castles, farm buildings, stables, inns) and gardens, landmarks (such as roads, bridges, culverts, dams), occasionally machine plans and portraits or photos also can be found in the collection.
The register of Series T1-T60 can be accessed online on our homepage.
For further registers click here.