Call for papers
DLM Forum Member Meeting - Budapest - 12-13th May 2011
Content: don't miss the target!
Call for Papers
Members of the DLM Forum Foundation meet for a two day members meeting twice a year (in Spring and Autumn). Meetings are traditionally hosted by whichever European country holds the current EU presidency. This spring we go to Hungary.
The DLM Forum Foundation is calling for the submission of proposals for papers to be presented at the Spring meeting. The DLM Forum Member Meeting will be in Budapest (Hungary) on 12th - 13th May 2011. Participation of nonmember professionals of the fields of public administration, records management, archives and research are also invited.
Speakers are to identify in their submission for which one of the five Session their paper is proposed.
- From requirements to standards
· How do European countries consider standardisation in the development of e-Government?
· What is the role of records management or archival standards in e-Government?
- Audit and Certification of ERMSs
· Experiences with national audit and certification systems.
· What role do national, European and international actors play? What role do archives play?
- From records management to archives - developing strategies for transferring records
· Regulations on digital records: RM/archival standards, transformation rules, file formats,
· Transfer/export data from record keeping to archiving systems, Efficiency of data exchange standards.
· Experiences of the archives with the actual archival transfers, management of hybrid (paper/digital) records.
· Practical experiences with the records of EU bodies.
- Long term preservation
· Digital preservation systems and standards, case studies on implementation of OAIS, useful tools and projects, case studies.
· Tools: Commercial or open source?
· Opportunities in EU level cooperation,
· Standard workflows for digital archives,
· Innovative approaches of accessing e-information (retrieval, visualization)
- Strategies for records management and archiving services
· Security policy; information architectures;
· Outsourcing, shared and multi-tenant systems,
· Using external services.
Submission of Paper
Application can be made:
Control and click link to submit application:
· Or e-mail attached Application Form to Zoltan Szatucsek email@example.com
Any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The DLM Forum Executive Committee and the local organization committee will evaluate the proposals submitted and select the speakers. The Committees consists of representatives of the archives of the European Union Member States and representatives of information management in the private sector.
Submission of papers
· Proposals of papers submitted to the DLM Forum should consist of an abstract (900 characters, including spaces)
· Proposals must be in English
· Submissions must include the name(s) and short CVs of the authors with current organization adn role, full addresses including an e-mail address
· Each submission will be examined on the basis of its clarity, quality and adherence to the main topics of the meeting.
· Notification on the result of selection will be given to submitters.
1. 4th March 2011. Proposals should be sent to the organizers.
or attached application form and sent to email@example.com
2. 14 th March 2011. Notification on the result of selection will be given to all applicants.
3. 5th May 2011. The selected speakers will have to provide their powerpoint presentations.
4. 12/13 May 2011. Selected papers will be presented in 20 minute sessions in English language.
Weathervane House, Old Shire Lane, Chorleywood WD3 5PW
Telephone 00 44 (0) 1923 285505 Mobile 00 44 (0) 7976359161